You’re considering buying a Tesla. You’ve heard a lot about the autopilot feature and you’re wondering if it’s worth the extra money. Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of investing in a Tesla autopilot.
Table of Contents
When you’re looking to buy a car, there are a lot of important factors to consider. One of the newer trends in the automotive industry is cars that come with autopilot features. Tesla is one of the leading companies when it comes to autopilot technology, and their cars come with a wide range of autopilot features.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of investing in a Tesla autopilot. We’ll also help you decide if Tesla’s full autopilot is worth the price tag.
Pros of the Tesla Autopilot
If you’re on the fence about investing in a Tesla Autopilot, here are some of the pros to consider:
First and foremost, the Tesla Autopilot is incredibly safe. In fact, it’s been credited with preventing accidents and saving lives. It can also help you save time and money on your commute by letting you do things like Relax and Read or Sleep during your ride.
The Tesla Autopilot is also incredibly convenient. You can summon your car using the Tesla app, and it will come to you. You can also use it to change the temperature in your car before you get in, and it will even park itself for you.
Cons of the Tesla Autopilot
Are there any cons to the Tesla autopilot? Well, some people say that it’s not always as smooth sailing as it seems. There have been a few reports of Teslas getting into accidents while in autopilot mode.
Others have complained that the autopilot feature is too expensive to be worth the money. And finally, some people just don’t feel comfortable relinquishing complete control of their car to a computer.
Safety Issues With Tesla Autopilots
- There have been some safety concerns with Tesla autopilots. In 2016, a Tesla Model S crashed into a tractor-trailer while in autopilot mode, and the driver was killed. Tesla has said that the driver was not paying attention to the road and did not have his hands on the steering wheel, as is required when using the autopilot function.
- There have also been reports of Tesla autopilots spontaneously turning on and driving the car without the driver’s input. In one case, a Tesla Model S drove itself into a parking space and hit a wall, causing damage to the car.
- Tesla has said that its autopilot feature is not meant to be used without human supervision and that drivers need to pay attention to the road even when using it.Despite these safety concerns, Tesla autopilots are still a popular feature among drivers. Some people feel that they provide a sense of safety and security, while others find them convenient.
Cost Considerations for a Tesla Autopilot
Now that you know a little more about what a Tesla autopilot can do, you might be wondering about the cost.
Tesla autopilots are not cheap. The basic Autopilot system starts at $3,000, and the full self-driving system will set you back a whopping $5,000. That’s a significant investment, and it’s important to consider whether or not it’s worth it for you.
- There are a few things to keep in mind when making your decision. First, the Autopilot system is not just for autonomous driving—it also includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and automatic high beams. So even if you never use the autonomous driving features, you’ll still get some use out of the system.
- Second, keep in mind that the full self-driving system is still in beta testing. Tesla is constantly releasing updates and improvements, but it’s important to remember that the system is not perfect. It’s possible that you could encounter bugs or glitches while using it.
- Finally, consider your reasons for wanting a Tesla autopilot. If you’re looking for a convenience feature or something that will make your life easier, it might be worth the investment. But if you’re mostly interested in the autonomous driving features, you might want to wait until the system is more refined before making your purchase.
Is Tesla Autopilot Worth the Investment?
The cost of a Tesla autopilot can be a significant investment for some people, but it’s important to consider the reasons for wanting one before making your purchase. The autopilot system includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and automatic high beams, so even if you never use the autonomous driving features, you’ll still get some use out of the system. Additionally, keep in mind that the full self-driving system is still in beta testing and Tesla is constantly releasing updates and improvements. If you’re mostly interested in the autonomous driving features, you might want to wait until the system is more refined before making your purchase.
So, is a Tesla autopilot worth it? Ultimately, that’s up to you to decide. There are pros and cons to investing in this technology, and it’s important to weigh all of the factors before making a decision.
If you’re considering a Tesla autopilot, be sure to read up on the features and make sure the autopilot meets your needs. And, most importantly, always be alert and aware when using autopilot – it’s not a substitute for human driving.