You just got a notification on your Tesla that there’s a new software update waiting for you. You’re excited to install it and eager to see what new features and improvements it brings. But then you start to wonder.
Table of Contents
Are software updates free for Tesla owners? Do we have to pay for them? Who installs the updates?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll answer all of those questions and more. We’ll walk you through the entire process of getting a software update for your Tesla, step-by-step. So let’s get started!
Tesla Software Update Guide
Tesla has been known to make some of the most impressive software updates, and they’re always working to improve their cars’ performance. So if you’re a Tesla owner and you want to get the latest features and bug fixes, you might have wondered how to get them! Luckily, it’s not too hard—just follow these steps:
1. Find out what version of your car’s software is installed
2. Update your car’s software (if necessary)
3. Enable the update in your car’s settings.
What Are the Benefits of the Tesla Software Updates?
All Tesla drivers receive software updates regularly, and these updates offer a range of benefits.
The most recent update, V9.0, was released in early September and it includes a bunch of new features and enhancements. Here are some of the highlights:
- – You can now use your phone as a key to unlock and start your car.
- – The updated interface makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- – There’s a new music player that lets you control your music with simple gestures.
- – You can now record in full HD at 1080p.
These are just a few of the improvements that have been made with V9.0. As you can see, the Tesla software updates are well worth downloading.
Are software updates free for Tesla owners?
Well, that depends. Tesla usually offers software updates for free, but there are a few exceptions. For example, owners of the original Tesla Model S may have to pay for an upgrade if they want to use the latest features.
But generally speaking, Tesla tries to keep its software up-to-date and free for its owners. So if you’re a Tesla owner, you’ll want to make sure you regularly check for updates.
Here’s how you do it:
- open up the Tesla app on your phone and go to Menu > Vehicle > Software Version.
- Make sure that your car has a valid battery charge. You should see around 80% of your car’s battery capacity displayed on the screen.
- Select ‘Software Updates’ from this menu and then follow any prompts that appear onscreen as they guide you through updating your vehicle’s software
- You should see a list of the latest updates, and you can select the one you want to install. It’s that easy!
How Can I Get the Tesla Software Update?
So you’ve got a Tesla and you want to update the software. Here’s how to do it.
First of all, make sure your car is plugged in and that you’re connected to Wi-Fi. Then open up the Tesla app on your phone and go to the menu. You should see an option for “Software Update.” Tap on that, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
The update will take a few minutes, so just be patient and let it do its thing. Once it’s finished, you’ll be good to go. Enjoy!
What Are the Tesla Software Update Release Dates?
Wondering when your next software update is coming? Check out Tesla’s release dates to find out.
Tesla releases new software updates about twice a year, and the best way to make sure you get them is to install them on your car using a computer with internet access.
The download and installation process is pretty simple.
1. Update your Tesla app
2. Check for the update on your phone
3. Follow the instructions below if you haven’t already received an update notification.
How Often Are New Software Updates Released for Tesla?
Tesla pushes out new software updates pretty frequently, so you can always expect to find the latest and greatest features available. Usually, these updates are pushed out every few weeks or months.
To get the update, all you need to do is connect your Tesla to the internet. The car will automatically download and install the update for you.
What Are the Most Recent Software Updates for Tesla?
Tesla has been releasing a lot of new software updates lately, and it can be a little bit tricky to keep track of them all. So we put together this handy guide on how to get the latest updates for your Tesla.
- First, open up the Settings menu on your car’s touchscreen.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Then select “Software Update.”
- You should see the latest update listed at the top of the screen.
- If you don’t have wi-fi enabled, you’ll need to connect your Tesla to a computer with an internet connection and download the update from there.
Once you’ve downloaded the update, make sure you reboot your car by choosing “Reboot” from the Software Update menu. After your car has rebooted, you’re good to go!
Tesla owners are not charged for software updates. Tesla has a team of engineers who design, create, and deploy software updates.
The latest software update for the Tesla Model S and X can be downloaded by following these simple steps:
1. Open the Tesla app on your mobile device.
2. Navigate to the “My Car” tab and select “Software Update.”
3. The app will check for new updates and prompt you to download and install them.